Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gimmie Kiss

***Sorry for the mini vacation. I told you I was going to be more social, and unfortunately my blog suffered...but I'm BACK***

I'm going through this weird phase where all I want to do is kiss boys. Nothing more or less just lots of kissing. Have I somehow reverted back to my middle school/high school years when to kiss was something of a BIG DEAL?

Maybe, maybe not. All I can say, beyond the shadow of doubt, is I want to kiss boys...lots of boys..but they must be cute! For the past two weeks I've been going out and partying, on the hunt for a cute suave guy to kiss. What would you know, I haven't found one yet. Who knew finding a cutie to randomly kiss would be so difficult! Here I thought these men were plentiful and just waiting for my lips to graze theirs. Well I was fooled, hoodwinked and bamboozled!

As I shared this new short term goal with some friends I received some pretty interesting responses which made me think.

Response #1:

ONLY WHITE GIRLS DO THAT!

Really? This sort of reckless (i use that word loosely) abandon is reserved for only white girls? How is that so? I've seen friends when drunk kiss and make out with many guys, and they're black. But while they admit yes black girls get drunk and might kiss or more with someone only white girls go out with the intent to kiss strangers. I've never looked at it that way before. And while I can go into a long dissertation on the way sexual freedom is perceived in comparison to white and black women...I will not. That's another blog post for another time...maybe next week.


Response #2


I CAN'T KISS SOMEONE AND IT NOT MEAN ANYTHING, BUT I CAN HAVE SEX AND NOT KISS (ONE NIGHT STANDS).

I found this response most shocking. While I can agree that kissing is very emotional but to say it has more of an emotional connection than sex is something of a shocker. While to me sometimes a kiss is a simply a kiss and not some big sign that we are in love, sex almost always carries with it emotions and those pesky things called feelings. Basically for that individual it is easier to disconnect their feelings when it comes to sex than from kissing. Apparently a lot of people feel this way. It makes me wonder if I am the only one who does not posses that superpower. While sex is extremely emotional for me kissing..not so much. I'm much more open to a random kiss than to a one night stand...and I kind of like it that way.


So...last night I went out again with the purpose of kissing a boy, and while there is one guy who I sort of informed of this plan, and told if we were ever in the same club in the near future he'll get a smooch, it didn't happen. Again I have fallen short of my goal. He was there...looked exceptionally kissable, but nothing happened. I was way into chill mode, not feeling too adventurous, and met a guy who was sort of c*ck blocked by my kissable associate...LOL.

Next weekend we'll start all over again...Mission Kiss a Cute Guy still in effect!


At the end of the day, all I want is a boy to smush his face against mine...is that so wrong?

2 comments:

rey said...

sounds pretty adventurous... but please be sure to check for "cold sores" before you plant one on the lucky fellow...

neenarae said...

lol @ ^
actually it sounds like a great movie,:) best of luck with the search. I've had the craving to do this but never could and then i'm in a lDR so mission kiss a new boy has been completely aborted(ha!

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration